- 1st District
- Media Center
- How Can I Help
State Senate Committee to Discuss Ways to Prevent Street Harassment
On October 30, 2017
PHILADELPHIA, October 30, 2017 − At the request of Senator Lawrence Farnese (D-Phila.), the state Senate Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public roundtable discussion this Wednesday in Philadelphia on strategies for preventing street harassment.
The hearing will be held this Wednesday, November 1 at 10:30 am in Courtroom # 676 at Philadelphia City Hall, 1401 John F Kennedy Blvd.
The committee is chaired by Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton). The discussion will be co-chaired by Boscola, Farnese and Sen. Judy Schwank, who chairs the Senate Women’s Health Caucus.
- Amber Hikes, executive director, Office of LGBT Affairs, City of Philadelphia;
- Dr. Nina Ahmad, Ph.D., Deputy Mayor for Public Engagement, City of Philadelphia;
- Attorney Terry Fromson, managing attorney, Women’s Law Project;
- Donna Greco, policy director, Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape;
- Nuala Cabral, communications manager, Temple University Community Collaborative;
- Kayla Watkins, Temple University student;
- Jovida Hill, executive director, Philadelphia Commission for Women; and
- Noelle Marconi, member of the legislative Policy and Advocacy Committee for the Philadelphia Commission for Women.
Your coverage is welcome.
# # #