- 1st District
- Media Center
- How Can I Help
Sen. Farnese Announces Over $21 Million in State Grants for Redevelopment
On August 1, 2019
Philadelphia – August 1, 2019 – Sen. Larry Farnese (D- Philadelphia) announced today that multiple projects in his district have been awarded $21,882,000 in state redevelopment grant funds.
Through the Redeveloped Assistance Capital Program (RACP), grants are distributed to projects across the state that deal with the acquisition and construction of regional, cultural, civic, recreational, and historical improvements.
“These grants contribute greatly to the continued growth and improvements in our city,” said Farnese. “These projects are all very different, but they all work towards making the many aspects of our city accessible, well maintained, and a destination for both work and fun. Furthermore, the projects will create and sustain many jobs that will help the city’s economy thrive”.
Projects receiving RACP grants include:
- $1,500,000 has been awarded to the Yards Brewing Company Brewery and Taproom to renovate the brewery’s production and entertainment spaces.
- $1,000,000 for the William Way LGBT Community Center and improvements and upgrades to their historic building.
- $3,000,000 has been awarded to Industrial Metals Manufacturing, LLC for the historic renovation of Building 57 in the Navy Yard which will be used by the US Navy, contractors, and subcontractors for the designing and construction of submarines.
- $1,000,000 was awarded to the Philadelphia Bar Foundation for the creation of their Equal Justice Center II.
- $2,000,000 has been awarded to Barracks Holding, LLC to create a 230+ full service hotel in the currently vacant Navy Yard Barracks.
- $4,000,000 for the Kimmel Center, Inc. for the Merriam Theater-Kimmel Center Phase 1 improvements.
- $1,500,000 was awarded to the Pennsylvania Ballet Association for completion of the multipurpose Pennsylvania Ballet Dance Center.
- $1,700,000 for the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Art Core II project to continue updates to the museum and improve visitor experiences.
- $1,000,000 for Leopard Real Estate Partners, L.P. for the creation of the Proto Brewery Hotel.
- $1,480,000 for the Schuylkill River Development Corporation which will complete about 3,000 feet of construction on the multi-use Schuylkill River Trail.
- $702,000 for WHYY and improvements to their production and public facilities.
- $2,000,000 for the 1801 Vine Street Development Partners LP for the renovation of the former Family Court Building into a hotel, and preservation of public spaces to access the historical aspects and art of the building.
- $1,000,000 for Parents United for Better Schools, Inc. to complete the MCSCS Gymnasium Addition.