It was a busy week in the First Senatorial District. In addition to speaking to the Mt. Joy Rotary Club with my friend, Sen. Brubaker (R-Lititz), about the future of sensible gun legislation in PA, I held the first of my two annual senior fairs at South Philadelphia High School. My next fair will be April 4 at the Neumann South Senior Housing Center. I hope to see you there.
Here are a few other pieces of information for you:
- My Annual Business Leadership Series;
- Two free business classes from the Free Library;
- Condos and co-op recycling; and
- Head Start registration.
Thank you for your support and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any further information.
I hope you had a nice holiday,
Sen. Larry Farnese
My Annual Business Leadership Series
On April 18, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., I will be holding the next installment of my Annual Business Leadership Series where we will focus on small business funding and opportunities. If you, or an area small business, are interested in attending, please RSVP at 215-952-3121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch will be provided.
Business Counseling and Database Training at the Free Library
The Free Library of Philadelphia is offering two interesting classes:
- Free and confidential business counseling, tailored to meet your needs, is now available at the Parkway Central (1901 Vine St.) and Lovett Memorial (6945 Germantown Ave.) branches. Reservations are required, so call 215-231-9880 to reserve your space.
- Learn how to build and implement a business plan at the Parkway Central Library, 1901 Vine St. The three part series will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, April 9,16 and 23. Space is limited and a Free Library Card and basic computer skills are required. For more information, call 215-686-5394.
Responsible Recycling in Condos and Co-ops
The Green Condo/Co-op Initiative wants to help you safely dispose of your computers, electronics and CFL bulbs because there is a new statute in Pennsylvania. Registration is free and this session is perfect for Philadelphia’s condos and co-ops.
||The Academy of Natural Sciences, Bird Hall
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
||April 9, 2013 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Attendees will learn why it is important to set up an electronics recycling program, the potential health impacts of improperly disposing CFLs and long tube fluorescent bulbs, and the benefit of recycling condo and co-op renovation waste. Light refreshments will be served.
Enroll in Pre-Kindergarten Head Start
Do you have a child who is ready to begin school? Pre-kindergarten Head Start for three and four year olds can be a big help. The program, which runs the entire school year during regular school hours, provides your son or daughter with breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.
For more information, visit http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/offices/e/earlychild/proposed-policies--procedures-structure/enrollment or call 215-400-4270.
Join the Conversation on Facebook and Twitter
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates.