Subscribe to this e-update.

Dear Neighbor,

Sen. FarneseI hope you had a nice Labor Day Weekend, and for all you Moms and Dads with children returning to school, I wish you and yours the best on a new school year. Today, I’d like to tell you about:

  • A new way to get an ID for voting;
  • An easy way to save for college; and
  • How you can get help from the Senior Law Center.

As always, thank you for your support, friend me on Facebook and Twitter, and please don’t hesitate to contact me or my staff if we can be of any assistance.

Take Care,
Sen. Larry Farnese

New State ID For Voting

As you know, state law now requires voters to show an ID before they can vote. I voted against the law because I think it disproportionally affects voters like you, but I want you to be prepared to vote in November. To cast your vote you must have a valid, non-expired:

  • U.S. government ID with a name, photograph and expiration date;
  • U.S. military ID;
  • PA or PennDOT ID with a name, photograph and expiration date;
  • PA care facility ID with a name, photograph and expiration date; or
  • One of the new PA Voter ID cards.

If you don’t have an approved ID, or the documents to get one, you should consider getting one of the new PA Voter ID cards from any PennDOT Driver License Center. They are free, immediately available and will be made for you before you leave the PennDOT center. All you need to provide is a Social Security number, date of birth and two proofs of residency.

If you need help getting your valid ID, birth certificate or have questions about the new law and ID, my staff and I are here to help. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

PA 529 PA 529 Start Saving For College Today

If you worry about the rising cost of higher education, think about contributing to a Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan. Once enrolled, you will be able pay for tomorrow’s state tuition at today’s process no matter when or how much tuition increases. Contributions to PA 529 plans are deductible from Pennsylvania income taxes, grow tax free and, when used for qualified educational expenses, are federal and state tax exempt. More information is available at

SeniorLAW Center Can Help SeniorLAW Senior Law

Since 1978, the SeniorLAW Center has protected the rights and interests of hundreds of thousands of seniors, many living on under $700 a month, by providing legal representation, counsel, referral and information services, and community education. If yoksu have questions about the SeniorLAW Center or want to take advantage of their services visit or call 877- 727-7529 Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Offices of State Senator Larry Farnese

1802 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Phone: 215-952-3121
Fax: 215-952-3155
543 Main Capitol | Box 203001
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3001
Phone: 717-787-5662
Fax: 717-787-4531

Voter ID